Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Day before the election LONG Run

Happy election day everyone!

Just giving everyone (or nobody) a quick update on my Long Run last night.

Monday for me is labeled as "Monday Funday Runday" as this the the day of the week that I do my long run each and every week.

Last night I went out for my Weekly Long Run at about 5:30pm. I ended up completing my longest run to date, at a distance of 12.46 miles. I was also pretty happy with my time considering I was not trying for any special time just to complete it and build up my stamina for my FIRST EVER half marathon on February 1st. (my goal for the half is to break 2 hours) I ended up with a time of 2 hours 2 minutes and 38 seconds (a 9:50 pace). Calculating that pace out over the entire 13.1 would be a time of 2 hours 8 minutes and 49 seconds. Which is only about 9 minutes short of my goal time.

This was an interesting run for me as the time has just changed so the vast majority of my run was in the dark while trying to avoid cars. I will say the night time provided a very peaceful backdrop to my run while listening to my iPod. I always enjoy my long runs listening to the podcast Phedippidations. This is a wonderful little podcast by Steve Runner that he does where he gives his "thoughts, opinions, observations, and rambling diatribes during distance long runs". On this run, I listened to episode #159 "Responsible Shoes". Also I spent some time on this run thinking about the election on Tuesday and of course on how things are looking like they might shape out greatly for my beloved Florida Gators football team which is now up to #5 in the latest BCS standings released this week.

Tonight I will be taking off from running as my day of rest after my long run. Instead I will relax at home and keep up with the election results and hope things work out like I want them to.

Here is the detail of my Monday Run straight from my training log at http://www.buckeyeoutdoors.com/


1 comment:

TronWife said...

Oohh what half marathon are you running? I did my first one back in Sept(Bellingham Bay) and have another on Thanksgiving weekend(Seattle).